Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bruno Mars packed the Amway Center!


I just arrived to Orlando few weeks ago. Once I knew I was coming to Full Sail University, I started to search for every concert around that I could be interested in. In future posts I will tell you about more artists I have watched so far.




 The timing and the dates were perfect and Bruno was the first one to come to Orlando, August 27th. I couldn’t miss it. I got to the Amway Center and I was amazed.  This venue is a super building that was inaugurated in September 2010 with a capacity of approximately 16.000 people for concert events. They took care of every detail in the infrastructure. In front of this big venue was parked The Moonshine Jungle Tour’s bus. This really cool bus sold all Bruno Mars’ tour merchandise (caps, t-shirts, decals, among others).


I bought the tickets for around 50$. I was literally almost at the last row in the top of the venue. The stage was far away. At the beginning, I had my concerns because I felt I wasn’t going to be able to listen clearly. For my surprise, once Bruno Mars started to perform it blew my mind. I was hearing every single instrument the band was playing. I was experiencing a perfect sound fidelity.

Bruno started with Moonshine from “The Unorthodox Jukebox” album. It was a good opening, but not surprising. A few songs went by, suddenly a disco ball comes down and the band starts to play “Treasure” (one of my favorites).  I really like and enjoy how Bruno interacts with his band mates in this tune.  They have this choreography, which was very easy but at the same time was really catchy and fun. The sounds kept improving and I was having so much fun.

The concert moved forward as I expected, great show. I was very satisfied with the sound although I was almost in the last row in the Amway Center. Finally, he starts to play “When I was your man”. The crowd went crazy and I could listen everyone in the audience singing that amazing track. The concert was coming to the end with “Locked out of heaven.” Great song. The place felt apart and everyone was having fun. The stage and lighting show was outstanding. Not a single complaint about the show. They end up the show with “Gorilla.” It is a cool tune but after listening to a hit like “Locked Out of Heaven”, this gorilla could sound like a chimpanzee. That is my really personal opinion and it doesn’t interfere with his great performance that day in the Amway Center.
The way Bruno Mars went through the whole concert was perfect. I think he uses the band as a support and it helps a lot to improve the experience in the show. He seemed like a really humble artist and he demonstrated it jamming with his band and chilling with the audience.

I wish I had been able to buy closer tickets to appreciate the whole show better, but I felt really satisfied with the experience. If you are thinking of going to a Bruno Mars’ concert, don’t think it anymore. Go and grab your tickets! 

Check my Instagram "alevicuna", I have posted some pictures and videos of the concerts I have attended to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment